Alex Zhu and Luyu Yang, two longtime friends from China’s Shanghai, formed Musical.ly Inc. A hundred million people or more regularly used this app to watch and share short-form videos. The app was acquired by a Chinese firm called ByteDance in 2018, and its users and content were then migrated to rival app TikTok.
Snapshots of all you need to know about TikTok
- With the latest update, videos on TikTok can no longer exceed 10 minutes in duration. Initially, it could only be used for 15 seconds, thus this is a significant improvement.
- TikTok currently supports 75 languages and 154 countries.
- There are eight times a day that TikTok is opened by a user.
- The platform’s primary draws are music and popular sound bites. Sound effects from all over the world are available to creators.
- In addition to trimming and cutting video and audio, users of TikTok can also add text, overlays, change the video’s speed, crop the frame, and alter the volume.
- TikTok is a cost-free app. Coins, a form of virtual currency, can be purchased by users and given as gratuities to content providers. The coins can be used to buy virtual products online.
Justifications for Using TikTok for Brand Promotion
Doesn’t expanding your social media presence need more manpower and money?
This is the case, but bear with me; it’s well worth it. Marketing on TikTok has a lot of potential upsides.
You should promote your brand on TikTok for the following reasons.
In general, your readership tends to be somewhat young.
Sixty percent of all TikTok users fall into that sweet spot between sixteen and twenty-four. TikTok is a must-have if your company’s offerings are meant to appeal to the Generation Z crowd. While many members of the millennial and generation x generations may be found on Facebook, a growing number of them are either leaving the site entirely or using it far less frequently than they once did.
You offer real goods to customers
TikTok might be a game-changer if you own an ecommerce firm that sells things online. Makeup, food, clothing, and home furnishings are all examples of business-to-consumer products that are simple to illustrate. Nevertheless, TikTok, like Instagram, is primarily a visual medium.
Avoid posting lengthy videos or PowerPoint slideshows on TikTok. Not unless you want to make some goofy, entertaining changes to it.
Sixty-eight percent of TikTok users say the content is unique compared to other channels. People like TikTok because of the positive community spirit, the entertaining videos, and the genuine content.
Using TikTok, businesses can capitalise on trending topics and see massive increases in their post engagement. Although Facebook’s engagement has been low for some time, TikTok’s is skyrocketing at 6.72% as measured by the number of views. During the year 2022, TikTok has the greatest engagement rate.
To get viral without breaking the bank
We dislike to use the word “viral” since going viral isn’t like flipping a switch.
Nonetheless, many TikTok brands and creators have achieved viral success without incurring any financial risk. Smaller firms have a better chance of being noticed and expanding their fan base because of the higher interaction rates.
Commercial Applications of TikTok
First, let’s take a look at the most effective ways you may leverage the features already available on TikTok to further your company’s goals.
Keep an eye on the currents
Following the latest trends is essential on every social media network. They have the power to determine your content’s overall performance.
You must check your “corporate” at the door.
The social media site TikTok is a lot of laughs. That means less well-rehearsed speeches and more shenanigans behind the scenes.
Businesslike, stuffy, or overtly commercial tone is not welcome on TikTok. If this describes you, you need to explore other facets of your brand.
To this end, it is important to take into account various language-based perspectives.
Having separate TikTok accounts for each language market is something to think about if you are a worldwide company with an active presence on the platform.
Adapt your materials for new uses
TikToks that have been completed can be saved to a mobile device. (It happens mechanically at times.) So, they can be shared on a different platform, such as Instagram Reels or Facebook Stories.
While it’s not recommended to post the same thing on many platforms, every little bit helps.
Making a TikTok Video
These are the steps you need to do in order to create a TikTok video using an Android or iOS device:
- First, open the bottom menu by tapping the plus icon.
Two, decide whether you have 15 seconds, 60 seconds, or 3 minutes.
- (Share videos from your device that are up to 10 minutes in length.) If you’re going to use TikTok, you should definitely update to the most recent version.
Click the red Record button to begin filming or to upload an existing video from your camera. Tip: If your video is too long to publish to TikTok, consider cutting out the first five seconds, saving the movie, and then uploading it.
- You can start a countdown to recording by selecting the three-second timer from the menu on the right. That’s ideal for setting up a phone stand and adjusting your viewing angle.
5. Use the right-hand menu’s
Change Clips option to reduce the length of your clips. A number of other customization options, including as playing speed, filters, beauty effects, flash, and a questions and answers section, are available via the right-hand menu.
Choose some tunes by touching the button at the top of the screen. Based on the content of your video, TikTok will suggest music.
Click the Text tab at the bottom of the screen to insert text and customise its appearance by changing its size, colour, and style. Conclusion By pressing and holding the text, you can control its appearance and duration.